Log in Register

Follow Nigella on: Facebook Twitter Vimeo Pinterest Instagram

Kitchen Queries

Welcome to Kitchen Queries, where the nigella.com team will answer your cooking or food related questions.  We’d love you to submit some of your recipe problems, dilemmas or queries for us to get our teeth into!

Submit your query

Please note, we are only able to answer questions selected for publication and aren't able to enter into personal correspondence.

Latest Queries

  • Corn-Shaped Cornbread

    Hi! A number of years ago Nigella did a recipe for cornbread and used a baking tin that was in the shape of approx 6 half corn cobs. Any ideas where I could obtain the tin? Thanks

    From the nigella team:

    The recipe is Cornbread-On-The-Cob, which appears in Nigella Bites. The recipe is a cornbread mixture which can be baked in a regular muffin pan, a 20cm/8-inch square pan or in special corncob shaped pans - these pans are called cornstick pans.

    Cornstick pans tend to be made of cast iron (traditionally cornbread was baked in cast iron skillets). The most widely available pan is made by a US company called Lodge Logic. The pans are relatively easy to find in the US and are available on-line, in kitchenware stores and some department stores.

    Unfortunately the pans are tricky to get in the UK and we currently have been unable to find a UK-based vendor. There are several companies on-line who can supply a pan from the US, however the weight of the pans and customs fees makes the shipping costs slightly expensive.

Need some help in the kitchen?

Ask Nigella

Submit your query

Remember you can use the search bar to delve through our Kitchen Queries archives.