Log in Register

Follow Nigella on: Facebook Twitter Vimeo Pinterest Instagram

Kitchen Queries

Welcome to Kitchen Queries, where the nigella.com team will answer your cooking or food related questions.  We’d love you to submit some of your recipe problems, dilemmas or queries for us to get our teeth into!

Submit your query

Please note, we are only able to answer questions selected for publication and aren't able to enter into personal correspondence.

Latest Queries

  • Nigella's Round Roasting Pan & Colander

    I love the section in Nigella Kitchen where she goes through her must-haves, with regards to helpful kitchen tools. I'm intrigued by the round 11 inch roasting pan that she mentions, but have no idea what sort would be the most beneficial - enameled cast iron, stainless steel? If she's got a good one, I'd love to buy it. Cheers, Erin  

    Hello I am living in Australia and i would love to purchase the cream colander that is seen in a lot of Nigella's cooking shows. Could you please tell me where I can purchase one from. Many Thanks Allison

    From the nigella team:

    The round roaster mentioned by Nigella on p3 of Kitchen is a 28cm/11-inch "saute casserole" pan made by the French company Mauviel. Unfortunately it is quite expensive as it is made from copper and comes with a lid. As an alternative you may like to consider the "shallow casserole" dish made by Le Creuset which Nigella also likes (in the US this is called a "braiser" and it used to be called a "buffet casserole" in the UK). It comes in 26cm and 30cm sizes (3.5-quart and 5-quart) and is very versatile. We would also like to emphasise that a normal rectangular roasting pan (approximately 30cm x 20cm/12 inches x 8 inches) is also absolutely fine for Nigella's recipes.

    Nigella bought her cream enamel colander a while ago on Amazon. Cream enamel colanders can usually be found on the UK Amamzon website and the closest we can find in the US is the Reston Lloyd "calypso" colander. In Australia the closest we can find is a white enamel colander (see link below) though it is worth keeping an eye out in vintage stores and on ebay as older-style vintage cream enamel colanders occasionally come up for sale.


Need some help in the kitchen?

Ask Nigella

Submit your query

Remember you can use the search bar to delve through our Kitchen Queries archives.