Log in Register

Follow Nigella on: Facebook Twitter Vimeo Pinterest Instagram

Kitchen Queries

Welcome to Kitchen Queries, where the nigella.com team will answer your cooking or food related questions.  We’d love you to submit some of your recipe problems, dilemmas or queries for us to get our teeth into!

Submit your query

Please note, we are only able to answer questions selected for publication and aren't able to enter into personal correspondence.

Latest Queries

  • Double Balloon Whisk

    Hi there!  I was wondering if you could help? I would like to know where it is possible to buy the double whisk (balloon whisk with a ball inside) as seen on many of Nigella's shows? I have never seen this before even in specialist catering suppliers. Many thanks. Nadica

    I was watching an episode when an open bottom whisk was used. I've tried everywhere to find one. Where can I buy one? Michelle

    From the nigella team:

    We belive that the whisk you may be looking for is the double balloon whisk made by the Swiss company Kuhn Rikon. It is probably easiest to find it on-line and the Kuhn Rikon website also has a guide to suppliers (in the Customer Service section). The double layered structure of the whisk means that it should whisk more quickly and efficiently than a standard balloon whisk.

    Kuhn Rikon also make an open ended whisk or there are also open ended whisks with small balls attached to the end of each prong. WMF make versions of this whisk with either silicone or stainless steel balls (link below).





    Ball whisk


Need some help in the kitchen?

Ask Nigella

Submit your query

Remember you can use the search bar to delve through our Kitchen Queries archives.