You will need a covered pot or casserole dish (clay pot recommended).
- To a bowl containing the chopped onions and tomatoes, add the Worcestershire sauce Add the hot stock or soup, the marmite and ground cloves. Mix well, making sure that your marmite has dissolved into the mixture.
- Add tot whisky and S&P to taste.
- Put your oxtail rounds into your casserole dish or pot and cover with your sauce. Put your lid on your dish/pot and put into the oven Roast at 220 degrees C for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven down to 140 degrees C and roast for another 3 hours, checking now and again and adding water if there is not enough moisture.
- Take your stew out of the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes,
- serve with sweet potatoes and your favourite green vegetable.