Friands are delicious little almond cakes, perfect for afternoon tea. They are a great way of using up leftover egg whites. You can use different sorts of meal instead of almond - e.g. hazelnut or pistachio, but I like almond best. Also you can use different fruit or put choc chips or whatever in... If you don't have a friand tin or friand pans, you can use a normal muffin tin. You can also make mini friands in a mini muffin tin - take about 15 minutes to cook.
- 198 grams melted butter
- 250 millilitres almond meal
- 6 egg whites Beaten Lightly
- 375 millilitres confectioners' sugar plus extra to serve
- 125 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 113 grams thinly sliced strawberries
Almond and Strawberyy Friands is a community recipe submitted by gianduia and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.