I could eat this every single day it's so delicious! Heady with spices, Moroccan-inspired dish packed for of goodness but really feels like a proper meal as the wheat is almost "meaty" itself - so no feeling denied, guilt-free indulgence!
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1¼ cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth (or vegetable stock)
- 1 large red bell pepper (flame roasted and diced)
- 1 medium zucchini (cut into discs)
- 1 sprinkling of red pepper flakes
- cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 limes (zest of and juice of)
- 1 tablespoon greek yoghurt (cold - to serve)
Bulgar Wheat Salad is a community recipe submitted by OCDcook273 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Place the wheat, all the spices, zest, and the water plus stock in a big bowl - mix thoroughly then cover with cling and set aside.
- Dry griddle the zucchini on a hot griddle pan (2-3mins is all that is needed).
- When the wheat has puffed up and absorbed all the liquid (about 5 mins) toss in the red bell pepper, zucchini pieces and the lime juice.
- Again mix well (fork is easiest) and try to stop yourself shovelling it all in before you serve it up!
I serve the Chilli Lime Chicken with this but salmon fillets griddled with harissa spread on top is delish too.