I could eat this every single day it's so delicious! Heady with spices, Moroccan-inspired dish packed for of goodness but really feels like a proper meal as the wheat is almost "meaty" itself - so no feeling denied, guilt-free indulgence!
- 250 millilitres bulgur wheat
- 313 millilitres boiling water
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth (or vegetable stock)
- 1 large red bell pepper (flame roasted and diced)
- 1 medium zucchini (cut into discs)
- 1 sprinkling of red pepper flakes
- cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 limes (zest of and juice of)
- 1 tablespoon greek yoghurt (cold - to serve)
Bulgar Wheat Salad is a community recipe submitted by OCDcook273 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
I serve the Chilli Lime Chicken with this but salmon fillets griddled with harissa spread on top is delish too.