Log in Register

Follow Nigella on: Facebook Twitter Vimeo Pinterest Instagram

Kitchen Queries

Welcome to Kitchen Queries, where the nigella.com team will answer your cooking or food related questions.  We’d love you to submit some of your recipe problems, dilemmas or queries for us to get our teeth into!

Submit your query

Please note, we are only able to answer questions selected for publication and aren't able to enter into personal correspondence.

Latest Queries

  • Black Handled Cutlery

    I really like the black handled cutlery Nigella has been using for years in her programmes, but have never found anything similar in the UK for sale. Any pointers?  

    I was wanting some new cutlery in my kitchen but so much today is thick metal and clumsy for dining. The black handled cutlery Nigella uses in her programmes is just the type I was after and wondered where I could purchase them from? Robins1968.

    From the nigella team:

    The cutlery often used by Nigella on her shows is called "ebony". The handles are matte black resin with stainless steel fittings. The cutlery range is available in the UK from Divertimenti, both in store (please ring ahead to check exact availability) and on-line.

    The Conran Shop has also stocked the cutlery, though at time of writing their website suggests that the range is currently out of stock.

    Unfortunately we can't find a source for the US at the moment, but the manufacturer appears to be a Portugese company called Cutipol and their website suggests that thye may be able to ship internationally. Web links are below.




Need some help in the kitchen?

Ask Nigella

Submit your query


Remember you can use the search bar to delve through our Kitchen Queries archives.