Log in Register

Follow Nigella on: Facebook Twitter Vimeo Pinterest Instagram

Kitchen Queries

Welcome to Kitchen Queries, where the nigella.com team will answer your cooking or food related questions.  We’d love you to submit some of your recipe problems, dilemmas or queries for us to get our teeth into!

Submit your query

Please note, we are only able to answer questions selected for publication and aren't able to enter into personal correspondence.

Latest Queries

  • Chocolate Brownie Bowls

    Hi, the recipe for Chocolate Brownie Bowls in Nigella's book "Kitchen" calls for a 6 cavity dessert shell tin. where can I find this tin, preferably online?  

    Dear Team Nigella, please help!! I want to make the Chocolate Brownie Bowls but cannot find the correct tins. I have spoken to Lakeland and they do not have them and I have exhausted everywhere else. Where do I get them from? Many thanks, Rosie

    From the nigella team:

    The pan used in Nigella's Brownie Bowls recipe is made by Wilton and is listed by them as a "6 cavity dessert shell pan" (the product I.D. number is 8600).

    It is available on-line from several retailers. Below we have given some suggestions but other sources are available. As the pans need to be greased very thoroughly to allow the baked cakes to release easily, it may be worth also buying a non-stick baking spray to use for greasing the pan. Non-stick baking spray is available from on-line baking suppliers and some supermarkets.







Need some help in the kitchen?

Ask Nigella

Submit your query

Remember you can use the search bar to delve through our Kitchen Queries archives.