Log in Register

Follow Nigella on: Facebook Twitter Vimeo Pinterest Instagram

Kitchen Queries

Welcome to Kitchen Queries, where the nigella.com team will answer your cooking or food related questions.  We’d love you to submit some of your recipe problems, dilemmas or queries for us to get our teeth into!

Submit your query

Please note, we are only able to answer questions selected for publication and aren't able to enter into personal correspondence.

Latest Queries

  • Flat Griddle

    I was wondering where Nigella got her flat stove top griddle she uses? I can only find one with ridges. Thanks!

    From the nigella team:

    Nigella has a large cast iron stove top griddle that is flat on one side and ridged on the other. The exact model isn't currently available but a very similar large griddle is made by Le Creuset and is available on their website or from Selfridges. There is also a slightly smaller griddle sold by Kitchen Craft in the UK, called the Clearview deluxe cast iron griddle. 

    These types of griddle are easier to find in the US and you will find models in many department stores and kitchenware stores. Lodge also make a range of reversible grill pans in various sizes and these are available in some stores and on-line.

    We would mention that these griddle/grill pans are best used on gas hobs. They are not recommended for ceramic and induction hobs and other glass-topped stoves as the pans can leave scratches on the surface of the hob.



Need some help in the kitchen?

Ask Nigella

Submit your query

Remember you can use the search bar to delve through our Kitchen Queries archives.