Log in Register

Follow Nigella on: Facebook Twitter Vimeo Pinterest Instagram

Kitchen Queries

Welcome to Kitchen Queries, where the nigella.com team will answer your cooking or food related questions.  We’d love you to submit some of your recipe problems, dilemmas or queries for us to get our teeth into!

Submit your query

Please note, we are only able to answer questions selected for publication and aren't able to enter into personal correspondence.

Latest Queries

  • Kitchen Utensil Storage

    I was looking for something similar to Nigella's magnetic bar or the rod with hooks for utensils and can't find anything in the Kitchen Kit section. Can you suggest some sources?

    From the nigella team:

    There are two types of utensil sotrage shown in Nigella's book Kitchen and in the Kitchens used on her TV shows. Knives are stored on magnetic knife strips. These are generally designed specifically for knife storage and come with screws to help fix the magnetic strip to the wall.

    The bars used for hanging pans and other items are metal bars which are sometimes sold as "untensil rails" or as "towel holders". They are often supplied with hooks which can be hung on the bars and used to hang pans on.

    Both of these pieces of furniture can be found in many kitchen and furniture stores, kitchen fitters and DIY stores. Prices vary according to make, but budget versions are available from Ikea.

Need some help in the kitchen?

Ask Nigella

Submit your query


Remember you can use the search bar to delve through our Kitchen Queries archives.