Log in Register

Follow Nigella on: Facebook Twitter Vimeo Pinterest Instagram

Kitchen Queries

Welcome to Kitchen Queries, where the nigella.com team will answer your cooking or food related questions.  We’d love you to submit some of your recipe problems, dilemmas or queries for us to get our teeth into!

Submit your query

Please note, we are only able to answer questions selected for publication and aren't able to enter into personal correspondence.

Latest Queries

  • Liquid Smoke for Texas Brisket

    where in UK can I purchase a bottle of Liquid smoke?

    The recipie above in the Kitchen book requires liquid smoke. Where in the UK is best to purchase liquid smoke? Tracyinnes

    From the nigella team:

    Liquid smoke is an American product which is used to add a smoky flavour to foods. It is made by condensing the smoke from burning woodchips and passing the condensed smoke through water where it dissolves to give a flavoured liquid. Stubb's is the easiest brand to find in the UK and comes in both Hickory and Mequite versions. 

    In the UK it is easiest to find on-line and we would suggest trying the websites below.




Need some help in the kitchen?

Ask Nigella

Submit your query


Remember you can use the search bar to delve through our Kitchen Queries archives.