Log in Register

Follow Nigella on: Facebook Twitter Vimeo Pinterest Instagram

Kitchen Queries

Welcome to Kitchen Queries, where the nigella.com team will answer your cooking or food related questions.  We’d love you to submit some of your recipe problems, dilemmas or queries for us to get our teeth into!

Submit your query

Please note, we are only able to answer questions selected for publication and aren't able to enter into personal correspondence.

Latest Queries

  • Perforated Clingfilm

    Whilst in Cape Town last Christmas I purchased a roll of clingfilm which I found to be perforated to tear off easily approximately every 18 inches. It was incredibly easy to use without the neccessity of bulky dispenser units as the box was no larger than a standard box but without the useless serated cutting edges. I have not been able to find a product like it here in the UK and my roll is nearly finished. Can you help please? Regards John Moore

    From the nigella team:

    The closest product we know of that matches your description is the perforated clingfilm roll from Lakeland. They have two sizes of rill available, a larger one with perforations every 30cm (12 inches) and a smaller one with perforations every 20cm (8 inches). You may find the clingfilm in one of their stores or it can be purchased on-line (see the ink below).

    This type of clingfilm is also popular with caterers so if you don't mind buying more than one roll at a time then it is worth trying either a commercial catering supplier or cash & carry/warehouse club.


Need some help in the kitchen?

Ask Nigella

Submit your query


Remember you can use the search bar to delve through our Kitchen Queries archives.