Log in Register

Follow Nigella on: Facebook Twitter Vimeo Pinterest Instagram

Kitchen Queries

Welcome to Kitchen Queries, where the nigella.com team will answer your cooking or food related questions.  We’d love you to submit some of your recipe problems, dilemmas or queries for us to get our teeth into!

Submit your query

Please note, we are only able to answer questions selected for publication and aren't able to enter into personal correspondence.

Latest Queries

  • Shallow Roasting Tins

    I'm looking forward to cooking the Spanish Chicken with Chorizo & Potatoes and the Homestyle Jerk Chicken with Rice & Peas from the book Kitchen. Would a baking tray with sides less than 2cm deep be ok to use? If you could tell me where to buy the shallow roasting tin featured I'd be grateful. Many thanks

    From the nigella team:

    The tin in the photograph on p101 of Kitchen is a stainless steel sheet pan made by All-Clad. Unfortunately they are difficult to find in the UK as a sheet pan is a specific type of pan used in the US. A sheet pan is usually 26 x 18 inches (65 x 45 cm) and 1 inch (2.5cm) deep. They also come in half and quarter sizes but the depth remains the same. If you have a baking sheet with deep sides then this should be fine, but be careful when removing it from the oven as the juices from the chicken could spill out a little.

    In the UK the bakeware company Mermaid make a type of baking sheet with slightly deeper sides that they call a "bakewell tin" which is available on-line or in some department stores and cookware shops. You could also try looking at swiss roll tins for a tin with deeper sides. In the US sheet pans in various sizes are available in many outlets but try to choose a heavy pan as the thinner, lighter types can warp in the oven at higher heats.

Need some help in the kitchen?

Ask Nigella

Submit your query

Remember you can use the search bar to delve through our Kitchen Queries archives.