Log in Register

Follow Nigella on: Facebook Twitter Vimeo Pinterest Instagram

Kitchen Queries

Welcome to Kitchen Queries, where the nigella.com team will answer your cooking or food related questions.  We’d love you to submit some of your recipe problems, dilemmas or queries for us to get our teeth into!

Submit your query

Please note, we are only able to answer questions selected for publication and aren't able to enter into personal correspondence.

Latest Queries

  • Snowflake Ribbons

    Hi there! I just wanted to ask where do the lovely fabric snowflakes Nigella has on her chutney jars in her book Nigella Christmas come from? I would absolutely love them to wrap my Christmas foodie gifts but I've been searching every Xmas and not found them! I'm currently watching the Christmas episode of Nigella Kitchen and she also has them on jars in her larder! Many thanks!

    From the nigella team:

    Unfortunately the ribbon was bought a couple of years ago and we can't find an on-line supplier for exactly the same type of felt snowflake ribbon. It is worth calling trimming and ribbon specialist shops to see if they have anything similar in-store as their stocks do change regularly. We would suggest VV Rouleaux (020 7224 5179), Barnett & Lawson (020 7636 8591), your local John Lewis and other department stores with a haberdashery department. 

    However we have found some similar ribbons on-line in the UK.

    Marks and Spencer are currently selling a red felt snowflake ribbon, both in stores and on-line:


    May Arts have produced a silver snowflake cut out ribbon available in the UK from:


    In the US please contact May Arts for suppliers:


Need some help in the kitchen?

Ask Nigella

Submit your query


Remember you can use the search bar to delve through our Kitchen Queries archives.