Basting syrup, recipe follows Stuffing, recipe follows Sauce, recipe follows
- Place goose in a large pot. Add water to cover and stir in the sea salt. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Remove goose from water and drain well. Remove all innards and trim excess fat from the tail. Rub inside cavity with lemon juice.
- Place apple, potato, orange and celery inside the body cavity. Truss the bird like a turkey.
- Place the goose in the preheated 450 degree F oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Cook 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
- Baste the goose every half hour with the basting syrup. Carve goose and serve with stuffing and sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the stuffing mix, raisins, celery, apple, onion and salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Pour in the chicken stock, butter and cream and mix until evenly moistened.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake until the top is browned and crisp, about 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, combine the stock, port, vinegar, shallots, peppercorns and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil, cook until reduced by 2/3, about 25 minutes.
- Strain and refrigerate