Don’t like brussels sprouts? Let me change your mind with this zesty raw salad. Most people can’t believe what they’re eating and enjoying so much. If you prefer, substitute feta cheese for the Pecorino Romano.
- 20 medium brussels sprouts (cleaned)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup pinenuts
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Pine Nuts and Lemon is a guest recipe by Art Smith so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Thinly slice them until you get to the chunky white core of the brussels sprout (about three-fourths of the way down), then discard the rest of the brussels sprout.
- Place the sliced brussels sprouts in a medium mixing bowl and add the olive oil, lemon juice, pine nuts, and Pecorino Romano cheese. Mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and let sit for 30 minutes to let the flavors marry before serving.
1. Divide the brussels sprout salad among 4 bowls and top with freshly ground black pepper.
* 250 calories * 22 g fat * 4 g sat fat * 8 mg chol * 151 mg sodium * 10 g carb * 3 g sugar * 4 g fiber * 7 g protein * 132 mg calcium