- The site is owned and operated by Nigella Lawson.
- Visitors to the site who only wish to view content do not need to register – but any use of the site means you accept these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you should stop using the site immediately.
- It is not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, download, post or store (including in any other website), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify any of the site’s material or content, including other contributions or any advertising or sponsorship.
- You agree to only use the site for lawful purposes, in a way which does not infringe the rights of anyone else, or restrict their enjoyment of the site. Such restriction includes posting content which is libellous, in breach of anyone’s privacy, or which may harass or cause distress to anyone, or which is obscene or offensive.
- Nigella.com may includes links to third party websites – we are not responsible for the availability of these sites, and are not responsible for the content or services from these sites. If you access these third party sites, you do so at your own discretion and risk.
- We will endeavour to provide the site using all reasonable care and will use reasonable efforts to make the site available to you at all times. However, the site is provided over the internet and so the quality and availability of the site may be affected by factors that are outside our reasonable control, such as technical faults in your ISP’s and/or telecommunication providers' network/service. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, providers, computer equipment or software, or failure of any email to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website (or any combination of these things).
- We make no guarantees that the site will be available, uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Except as required by law, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by: (a) interruption or delay to the site or errors, viruses or bugs contained in the site caused by events outside our reasonable control; (b) your negligence, your breach of these terms or failure to follow our reasonable instructions; (c) any incompatibility of the site with any other software or material on your equipment; (d) any unauthorised use of the site; or (e) any other factor that is outside our reasonable control.
- Content, information and other material on the site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of these or the reliability of any information displayed or distributed through the site (including provided through any software). You acknowledge that reliance on any such information shall be at your sole risk. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any part of the site and to make changes to the site and to the materials, products, programs, services and content described on the site at any time without notice.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered though use of the site. In no event will we or any of our third party affiliates or Nigella Lawson personally be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether in action of contract, negligence or other action, such as damages for loss of use of the site, damage to equipment or other software, or loss of data or profits or for other monetary loss or for any indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use (or inability to use) or performance of the site. In addition, in no event shall we or any licensors or third party affiliates be liable for any unauthorised use of the site.
- These exclusions do not apply to death or personal injury caused by our negligence and only apply to the extent permitted by law. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- You can contact us by email at email@example.com. For technical assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and for data protection and rights questions, please use email@example.com.
Registration and Membership
- When you register, you will be asked to select a username and password you can then use to access your account and participate in the areas of the site reserved for members. We reserve the right to reject usernames that are offensive or unsuitable. Please take care when choosing your username that you do not reveal personal information about yourself, as your username will appear next to any content you submit.
- It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and you are responsible for all activity that occurs under your username. We are unable to check the identity of people acting as members of the site and we will not be liable where your password is used by someone else. You agree to notify us of any unauthorised use of your password and any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org in this event.
- Please do not reveal personal information about yourself in any content you upload to the site, such as your home or work contact details, your full name, or where you live. We reserve the right to withhold or delete any content that we feel breaches these terms.
- The competition will run on consecutive days, starting at 00:01 GMT on the first day of each month and finishing at 00:00 GMT on the final day of the month.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. We are unable to accept entries that have been submitted into previous Cookalongs.
- The winning entry will be selected after the closing date from all the entries received. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified by their registered email address within 14 days of the closing date and will be require to provide a postal address for their prize to be sent to.
- If we cannot contact the winner or if the winner does not return a postal address within 14 days of being notified that they have won the prize, we reserve the right to re-draw a winner.
- Please allow up to 40 days for delivery of the prize.
- A list of winners will be available on nigella.com. By entering the Cookalong, you consent to your username being published if you are a winner. We reserve the right to post the winning entry on social media – though we will not tag the winner on social media without their express consent.
- Unless otherwise stated, the promoter is Nigella Lawson, 5 Elstree Gate, Elstree Way, Borehamwood WD6 1JD.
- All content provided to the site by members will be stored in a secure database by us.
- By uploading content to the site, you agree that it is original to you, and does not infringe the copyright or other rights of anyone else. Your content must not include an advert for your business or products, you must not breach any contract, or post obscene, abusive, offensive or threatening content. If you post a recipe, it must be your own recipe, and must not cause any harm to anyone.
- We do not guarantee to publish any contribution. Any content may be rejected by us and may be edited, moderated or deleted at our discretion. We reserve the right not to publish any contribution that is not in English and cannot be moderated. All decisions are final and we will not enter into any correspondence about why a contribution has been rejected.
- We do not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your contribution. You retain all ownership rights and, although we will be able to use the contribution as set out in these terms, you will also have the right to use your contribution in any way you choose. Where a contribution is to be acquired this will be made clear on the site and you will then be able to choose whether to provide a particular contribution on that basis.
- Please note that we do not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for use in our programmes, any website including the site, publications, other media or businesses. We are not responsible for the similarity of any of our content or programming to any media or materials or ideas transmitted to the site. If you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and that you are waiving any claim against us regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if a material or an idea is substantially similar to the idea you submitted.
- Where we do not own the contribution, you agree that we may (and third parties authorised by us) make any and all contributions available on the site and any other media, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and/or publishing and that contributions may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. You now grant us (and third parties authorised by us) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the contribution) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the contribution for such purposes.
- Whether or not we own the contribution, you grant us (and third parties authorised by us) the right to issue publicity concerning the contribution and any material or service in which it may be included, and for such purpose to use and reproduce your username and contribution photograph if we wish.
- If you decide to terminate your membership – or if we terminate your membership due to inappropriate behaviour – any content you have submitted will remain on the site, and will be retagged as “community” content. Please contact us at email@example.com with details of any contribution you would like to be removed.
Intellectual property rights Including copyright
- The names, images and logos of Nigella Lawson, all associated companies or third parties are protected by copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission from the copyright owner.
Last updated May 2018. Copyright © Nigella Lawson.