- chicken liver or calves' liver
- cayenne pepper
- 8 large prunes (soaked or cooked)
- 8 rashers streaky bacon (rind removed)
- 8 slices bread (fried in butter)
- a few stuffed olives
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Devils On Horseback is a guest recipe by Royal College of Art so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe
- Cut liver into 8 pieces and fry in butter. Season with salt and a dusting of cayenne.
- Stone the prunes and stuff them with liver.
- Wrap each stuffed prune in a streaky bacon rasher; secure with a wooden cocktail stick.
- Bake for 8 minutes in a hot oven.
- To serve, put each 'devil' on a square of fried bread. Garnish with olives stuffed with pimento.