The basics of jollof rice are the same no matter what you do. This recipe is a smaller portion and feeds 2-3 depending on the portions you serve. For my foreign friends that wonder what the most popular foods are in Nigeria or West Africa generally, Jollof Rice is certainly one of them. Hope you enjoy it if you make it.
- 250 millilitres rice (parboiled)
- 8 tablespoons crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 250 millilitres chicken broth concentrate or cube
- 500 millilitres water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bulb red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 2 small seasoning cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 handful any vegetables (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Nigerian Oven Baked Jollof Rice is a community recipe submitted by afrolems and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.