This a cake done many years ago in the nuns monasteries in Portugal. Is a recipe from the south of Portugal where the white pumpkin is used regularly in sweets and cakes.
- 250 grams almonds flour
- 250 grams sugar
- 125 grams white pumpkin jam (spaghetti squash)
- 6 eggs
- 10 grams powder sugar
Almond and white pumpkin cake is a community recipe submitted by Ebatista and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Grease a round pan with butter and place parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites and set aside.
- Then beat the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a fluffy preparation.
- Add the almond flour and the white pumpkin jam.
- Finally wrap with the egg whites.
- Pour the dough into the pan and bake 40 min at 180ºC. Unmold and sprinkle with powdered sugar.