A gooey chocolatey treat made from all pantry ingredients. For those days when you have to have chocolate cake but have no chocolate, butter or eggs. This is so easy and quick. You can even save on washing up and cook it in the bowl you mix it in for a quick devilish treat. Or transfer into ramekins to pretty it up for guests.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon chai tea powder (the kind you use to make chai tea)
- ⅓ cup oil (I use canola oil)
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond if you prefer)
Pantry Microwave Spiced Chocolate Cake is a community recipe submitted by EnglishRose21 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
For a classic chocolate cake, leave out the chai. But I think the spices help to blast the winter blues. Remember to use a microwavable bowl, and never use a metal one! Depending on how powerful your microwave is the cooking time may vary