This recipe was passed onto me by a very good friend of mine in NY, its truly yummy and full of flavour! Pure comfort food :)
- 1½ cups roasted peppers (jarred peppers, red - drained)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (tinned)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ medium chopped finely onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound spaghetti (thin, cooked and drained - or use pasta of your choice)
Roasted Red Pepper and Bacon Sauce Pasta is a community recipe submitted by Glitters and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
I cooked the whole pound of bacon so there would be plenty to serve on top of the bowls of pasta, and put some extra in the sauce too.