whilst i was a young girl living in japan i noticed that my mother and grandmother used to make this all the time.
- 4 slices pork tenderloin (about half an inch thick and 5 ounces in weight)
- freshly ground black pepper
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for pan frying)
- shredded napa cabbage (for serving)
- lemon (cut into wedges, for garnish)
- tonkatsu sauce (for dipping)
Pork Tonkatsu is a community recipe submitted by helenasmith and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.