whilst i was a young girl living in japan i noticed that my mother and grandmother used to make this all the time.
- 4 slices pork tenderloin (about half an inch thick and 5 ounces in weight)
- freshly ground black pepper
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for pan frying)
- shredded napa cabbage (for serving)
- lemons (cut into wedges, for garnish)
- tonkatsu sauce (for dipping)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Pork Tonkatsu is a community recipe submitted by helenasmith and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.