My brother made this for a party at his home in Los Angeles. I liked it so much that I made him cook it again so I could learn how to prepare it. And its now his duty to keep me supplied with Cajun-Creole seasoning along with other assorted dried herbs and seasonings.
- 2⅕ pounds chicken thighs (bone in, each cut into two pieces)
- 1½ tablespoons cajun-creole seasoning
- oil (for frying)
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- ¾ cup chopped scallions
Chicken Etouffee is a community recipe submitted by hobbycook and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
The Cajun-Creole seasoning I use is salt free. So I add 1 tsp salt to the seasoning before rubbing it on the chicken pieces.