Paris Buns are the ones from Ireland and Scotland. You can put sugar of top or chocolate, very hard to get the recipe. yummy Easy to make and very good. For those who don't know what a Paris bun is, it is a soft cake with a hint of sweetness. Photo attached.
- 10 fluid ounces milk
- 5 fluid ounces oil (I use canola oil)
- 6 ounces sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cups self-raising flour
- 5 ounces currants (optional)
Paris Buns is a community recipe submitted by Jazz555 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat oven 400 farenheit/ gas mark 6.
- Mix milk, oil, eggs and sugar by HAND.
- Add flour, again by HAND.
- Drop desired amounts onto a greased tray.
- Bake 15 mins until golden brown and well risen.
This recipe makes about 10 - 12 buns. Nice with a cup of tea or coffee. If you don't have self raising flour for each cup of all purpose flour add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.