From: "Pie" by Ken Haedrich
For the Filling
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (or coffee granules)
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped pecan nuts
For the Basic Flaky Pie Pastry
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter (cut into quarter inch pieces)
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening (such as Crisco) (cut into pieces)
- ¼ cup cold water
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Snowbird Mountain Lodge's Mocha Pecan Pie is a community recipe submitted by Jdatlas and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Basic Flaky Pie Pastry, Single Crust: