Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rhubarb is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes more. Serve warm or cold.
This goes well with pork.
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- ¾ cup diced red apples
- ½ cup dried cranberries (or dried cherries)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onions
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (plus more to taste)
Rhubarb Chutney is a community recipe submitted by KarenM and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.