I just had all the ingredients to hand and it worked beautifully - and I wasn't even feeling inspired at the time. I also think a little bit of preserved lemon, or a few stoned and slivered green olives may be nice, but haven't tried them. If you do please post a review and let me know.
- 8 chicken thighs (bone in skin off)
- olive oil
- 1 finely sliced red onion
- 3 cloves finely chopped or sliced garlic
- 4 rashers chopped bacon
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup lentils (cooked - not red lentils)
- 2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 handful chopped fresh basil
Chicken Stew With Spanish Paprika is a community recipe submitted by kgw and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.