a lovely lunch recipe...
For the Pie
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons pesto (see below)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 sheets filo dough
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leek (trimmed, washed and finely sliced)
- 2 large eggs
For the Chunky Pesto
- 7½ cups fresh basil (pureed)
- 1½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup toasted pinenuts
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Pesto and Ricotta Pie is a community recipe submitted by Krakra58 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Make sure you toast the pine nuts lightly!