So easy to make. They are great to take on picnics and are yuuuuummmmyyy!
For the Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened at room temp)
- 1½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups sifted cake flour
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup instant coffee (brewed)
For the Frosting
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup pecan nuts (halves or pieces)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Chocolate Cake in a Jar is a community recipe submitted by kyanna and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.