This makes a traditional BBQ pulled pork that you can eat on it's own, or as we prefer, as a sandwich for when you want REAL BBQ! I also use this BBQ sauce on ribs, chicken, etc. The sauce keeps well, refrigerated.
- ¾ cup tomato ketchup
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup vinegar (apple cider or white wine or can use lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup minced onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder (but any inexpensive cut you like it fine)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
BBQ Pulled Pork is a community recipe submitted by Mishka and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.