This makes a traditional BBQ pulled pork that you can eat on it's own, or as we prefer, as a sandwich for when you want REAL BBQ! I also use this BBQ sauce on ribs, chicken, etc. The sauce keeps well, refrigerated.
- 188 millilitres tomato ketchup
- 188 millilitres water
- 63 millilitres vinegar (apple cider or white wine or can use lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 125 millilitres minced onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1⅜ kilograms boneless pork shoulder (but any inexpensive cut you like it fine)
Bbq Pulled Pork is a community recipe submitted by Mishka and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.