For the Filling
- 30 millilitres cooking oil
- 400 grams minced beef (topside)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 30 millilitres chopped fresh parsley
- 200 millilitres chutney
For the Dough
- 280 grams self-raising flour
- 2 millilitres salt
- 5 millilitres sugar
- 30 grams butter
- 50 grams cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 medium egg
- 125 millilitres milk
Mince Roll is a community recipe submitted by Petronell and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Heat oil and fry mince until colour changes.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté a few minutes. Season with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Add chutney and leave to cool slightly.
- Sift flour, salt and sugar.
- Rub in margarine and add cheese.
- Beat egg and milk, add to dry ingredients, and mix to a soft dough.
- Roll out into a 20 cm x 30 cm rectangle.
- Spoon meat onto dough, roll up like a Swiss roll, and place on a greased baking tray. Make a few incisions in roll.
- Brush with beaten egg or milk. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C (350 °F) for 50 minutes. Tip Cut roll into 2,5 cm slices, freeze, and bake as required.