This is a traditional viand in every Filipino home. It's also one of the easiest Filipino dish one can ever learn. The method of cooking is very simple and the ingredients can be found anywhere in the world.
- 1⅛ pounds pork (cubed)
- 1⅛ pounds chicken pieces (bone in)
- 1 small garlic
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce (pref dark)
- 6 leaves dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 cup water (for the pork)
Chicken Pork Adobo is a community recipe submitted by Sheryll and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.