One of my favourite foods. During fasting month, caramel pudding is my " Must Have " food for break fast.
For the Caramel
- 225 grams granulated sugar
For the Pudding
- 1 litre milk
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 dash vanilla essence
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Caramel Pudding is a community recipe submitted by shiela_at and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Heat the sugar in a pot (do not add any water or oil or what so ever, just the sugar). Place it over low heat until brown and slowly add hot water (half a cup, until sugar is dissolve but not too watery). Place it aside.
- Warm up the milk. Make sure its not too hot. Put in a pinch of salt and 4 table spoon of granulated fine sugar. Make sure sugar dissolve. Place it aside.
- Beat 12 egg yolks until smooth and put in a dash (1 tea spoon) of Vanilla Essence. Mix your egg yolks with the milk.
- Place the caramel at the bottom of your bowls for steaming. Then place the mixture of the milk and egg yolks slowly.
- Place you bowls in the steamer and steam until firm. You may garnish with orange peels if you wish and eat it with sliced canned peach.
Keep it cold