This recipe is for those on the run, whom prefer a healthy light snack!
For the Base
- 1¼ litres water (really warm)
- 3 tablespoons dried yeast
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons powdered rock salt
For the Topping
- 30 grams crushed tomatoes
- 450 grams mozzarella (part-skim)
- 250 millilitres canola oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 medium onion (your Choice)
Hit and Run Whole Grain Wheat Pizzas is a community recipe submitted by Vinman and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- In a large bowl add 10 cups of super warm water, add three tablespoons of powdered yeast, then add three tablespoons of sugar, and three teaspoons of salt. Slowly and patient stir in yeast and sugar and salt till dissolved fully, and contents begins to seafoam.
- Let contents sit and foam for about 10 minutes, then add in about 10 cups of wholegrain wheat flour, stir in flour with paddle, add more flour as needed.
- Knead flour ball to form a dough, then add about a half cup of Canola Oil or Olive Oil to dough. Continue kneading dough till oil dries in a bit. Cover dough with a towel and place over another bowl with hot water, this will help the dough to blossom up in about twenty five minutes.
- While waiting for dough to rise, place a half a cup of Canola Oil into sauce pan, add one chopped onion and sautee. Add one 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes ( or tomatoe sauce of your liking). Stir in salt and pepper, garlic and onion powder, crushed basil and oregano. Season to your liking.
- Now back to risen dough, remove dough from bowl and form into a log. Cut dough into four parts, one part for each ten inch Pizza Pan. Oil pans, and begin to knead out with fingers one section of dough, spreading with fingers, flip dough disc, and continue kneading with fingers( no roller allowed). Place dough disc on pan, the same for the remaining three. Then add your tomatoe mix evenly among the four pans of Pizza.
- Take the one pound of Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese and cut into four sections (1/4 lb. per section) spread with cheese grator over Pizza. Sprinkle Oregano and Crushed Basil over top of Pizzas, if you are a garlic lover, then go with a good shot of garlic powder over tops. I place these in my electric range oven for about twenty minutes at 425 degrees. I cut each Pizza making eight slices, slices are small, but they are filling and light on the tummy, love these before I bicycle! When cooled place Pizzas on a plastic catering tray for refrigerator use, now raid the frig whenever that tummy yells feed me!!!