If Christmas isn’t the time for a kitsch cocktail, I don’t know when is. And while I have nothing against a straightforward Snowball (and I make mine with one part advocaat to about 3 parts lemonade, and a spritz of lime), I think we all need something a little stronger this year. And so, to bring camp comfort and cheer, I bring you my Snowball in Heaven. I propose then, a ratio of two parts vodka to one part advocaat, a splosh of lemonade and, if desired, a spritz of lime or lemon juice. But if you want a gentler cocktail, then simply go for one part vodka to two parts advocaat before topping up with lemonade. Of course, you could always leave out the lemonade altogether, in which case you’d have, rather delectably, a Custard Martini! Of course, any way you choose to mix this cocktail it should, ideally, be topped with a maraschino cherry. Sadly, I don’t have any of those, which is why my Snowball in Heaven here is cherry-less.
Please note that we’ve now introduced a shopping feature with our friends at Ocado so that you can get your ingredients delivered direct to your door, if Ocado serves your area - check at ocado.com/postcode. We hope that this will make shopping for Nigella’s recipe ingredients easier. For any queries related to your Ocado shop, head to ocado.com/customercare.
- 2 shots vodka
- 1 shot advocaat
- lemonade to top up
- a spritz of fresh lemon juice or fresh lime juice (optional)
- 1 maraschino cherry (optional)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add vodka and advocaat (using just 1 shot of vodka and 2 of advocaat if you want a gentler cocktail) and shake well before straining into a martini glass or champagne coupe; these amounts are enough for a glass of 125ml / ½ cup capacity.
- Top with a splosh of lemonade and, if wished, add a spritz of lemon or lime juice and a maraschino cherry. Chin-Chin!
MAKE AHEAD / STORE:
It is not advisable to make ahead or store.