youtube pinterest twitter facebook instagram vimeo whatsapp Bookmark Entries BURGER NEW Chevron Down Chevron Left Chevron Right Basket Speech Comment Search Video Play Icon Premium Nigella Lawson Vegan Vegetarian Member Speech Recipe Email Bookmark Comment Camera Scales Quantity List Reorder Remove Open book
Menu Signed In
More answers


Asked by kausar. Answered on 29th April 2013

Full question

Hi, I would like to buy a KitchenAid large bowl mixer but cannot find anywhere in the UK. I have seen them used on TV a few times by Nigella and othere chefs so wondered if you could help with sources? It is the large mixer, 6.9 litre bowl and with a tilt head. Many thanks.

Our answer

KitchenAid make the Artisan free standing mixer in two sizes. The standard size comes with a 4.8 litre bowl, and a 300W motor. This is available in many places in a wide variety of colours and is more than sufficient for all of Nigella's recipes. Most of Nigella's cakes can also be made with an electric hand mixer or even a wooden spoon, bowl and plenty of elbow grease.

The large Artisan mixer comes with a 6.9 litre bowl and a larger 500w motor so is only really needed if you are mixing large amounts of cake batter or bread dough. This model is available in John Lewis - both on-line and in-store (but call ahead before making a trip) and is also available from several on-line sources in the UK, including Amazon.

There are also a good range of other stand mixers available in the UK, to suit most tastes and budgets.

A popular accessory for the standard KitchenAid mixer is the 4.8 litre glass mixing bowl. This is available on-line from several sources and also from Lakeland.

Tell us what you think