This Christmas I cooked your wonderful Spiced & Super Juicy Roast Turkey which was just terrific and is a MUST for each Christmas from now on. My query is. The liquid brine was left outside overnight (after using it), and, being Summer here in Australia, it started fermenting. Can it be used for anything else, maybe bottled and used at a later date?
The turkey brine should be thrown away after use and should never be re-used. Firstly if it has fermented then it is likely that it has gone off anyway. However raw turkey and chicken are both associated with a risk of salmonella and there could be salmonella growing in the brine as there will be some turkey blood and proteins in the brine which could feed the salmonella and contaminate any other foods that come into contact with it.
The container that was used to hold the soaking turkey should also be given a thorough wash with hot, soapy water and given a good rinse with hot water. If you are concerned about salmonella then you can add a little bleach to the hot, soapy water. Dry the container with kitchen paper (paper towels) then leave to air dry thoroughly before storing.