- When you register on nigella.com, we ask you for your email address, your full name and a username. This information will be used by nigella.com to:
i. Administer your membership and any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
ii. Upload any contributions you make to the website, such as recipes, comments, Cookalong and other competition entries, and queries to the Ask nigella.com section.
iii. Your contributions will be linked to your username, and your username will be visible on the website to everyone. Please make sure you are happy with the username you have chosen, and that it does not reveal personal information about you.
- You can edit your account details and update your preferences at any time by signing in to your account, clicking on the green person icon in the top right corner of the website, and clicking on “Your Account”. You can then amend your details, your newsletter preferences, to control which emails you would like to receive from us. You can also unsubscribe from the newsletters at any time by using the “email preferences” link at the bottom of the emails.
- Your data will be kept private and confidential (except for your username, which will be visible if you choose to make any contributions to the website, as above). We will not pass your information on to any third parties without your express consent.
- We collect users' Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which are automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. We may gather information about the operating system, browser version, and the type of device you are using. This data is simply a log of what files were accessed from where and when, and cannot be used for any other purposes.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand and improve the user’s experience on nigella.com. Google Analytics collects information on your IP address but it is only used to track your visitor behaviour on nigella.com, and your broad location (by country). Your IP address as collected by Google Analytics cannot be used by nigella.com to identify you.
- We currently contract with online partners to help manage and optimise our internet business and communications. We use the services of advertising companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use the site. To do this, we may use web beacons and cookies provided by our advertising company on the site. The type of information we collect includes content viewed, pages, site sections and videos. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our users, and what kinds of offers our users like to see. Although our advertising companies log the information coming from the site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used and the advertising companies do not have access to your personal data such that you can be personally identified.
- If you are 17 or under, please get your parent or guardian's consent before registering on the site.
- We will hold your data and contributions for as long as is necessary and reasonably required for the relevant service or purpose.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. We will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
- You have the right to see personal data we keep about you. If you would like to see the data we hold about you or are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect and would like to amend or delete it please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we can only disclose information to your email address registered on nigella.com. If you would like to have your data deleted, it will mean any contributions made to nigella.com will revert to “community” content, and you will no longer receive any emails from us. We will respond to your data request within 30 days.
- By registering on nigella.com and using the website generally, you agree to the use described above.
- The ICO is nigella.com’s Data Protection Supervisory Authority. You can find out more about the ICO, the Data Protection Act, and GDPR here.
Last updated May 2018. Copyright © Nigella Lawson.