Today we make the brioches for breakfast! Yes, easier to do than to say.
After several tests we managed to find the perfect combination of fluffy, tasty and light brioches, (because, in our version, without butter).
- 300 grams flour 00 Flour
- 300 grams flour Manitoba
- 50 grams olive oil
- 250 grams milk
- 80 grams sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 brewers yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 gram salt
- 50 grams sugar cones
Brioches for breakfast is a community recipe submitted by 2archincucina and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- In a small bowl put yeast and sprinkle with a teaspoon of sugar and keep it aside for later use.
- Slit the vanilla bean lengthwise and divide it in half. With the flat blade of the knife scrape the inside of the pod so as to extract in the seeds that are the aroma of real vanilla.
- In a saucepan put to heat the milk and add the vanilla seeds and pod to make spice, leave to infuse for 10 minutes over low heat.
- In a bowl mix the flours 00 and Manitoba.
- In a large bowl break the egg, add the sugar and start to mix the ingredients with the help of an electric mixer.
- Add to mixture, milk, e.v.o. oil, baking powder and salt, keep stirring the ingredients and then go adding flour gradually sifted.
- When the mixture will become more resistant, change the whips of the mixer with the dough. Once it was only a handful of flour passed to knead by hand.
- On a cutting board scatter the remaining flour and begin to knead the mixture making it absorb all.
- When the dough will become homogeneous and smooth, put into a floured bowl and with a knife cut a cross cut in the center of the loaf.
- Seal the bowl with foil paper and put it to rest for at least 2 hours in the oven, leaving the light on. After rising time your dough should double in volume. With the help of a knife divide it into four parts.
- Grease the rolling board and your hands with oil and proceed to remix the dough, forming into balls with your hands, by passing the dough between your fingers
- Put your balls on a baking sheet with a gap of one another. Once you have done a cover them with foil paper and allow to stand in the oven with the light on for about 30 minutes.
- After the second rising brush the briocheswith the yolk of an egg and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees, 20 minutes if you did the small version of brioches, 30 minutes for medium ones. In each case, half-cooked lower the temperature to 160 °.
- Once ready, sprinkle the brioches with icing sugar, you can fill with jam or cream with chocolate or hazel at your leisure. We assure you that will be snapped up.