American-style quick bread with cranberries, nuts and orange zest.
- 500 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 250 millilitres sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- 150 millilitres buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 75 millilitres orange juice
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1½ tablespoons orange zest
- 375 millilitres coarsely chopped cranberries
- 188 millilitres pecan nuts or walnuts
Cranberry Nut Bread for Twinks is a community recipe submitted by Agatha and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Slice using a serrated knife after allowing to cool completely. This quick bread will keep 3 or 4 days at a cool room temperature, wrapped airtight. Also makes nice toast when the loaf is a little stale.
Makes 1 loaf