Don't let the 'stew' fool you - this isn't your typical soup-like stuff you find nestled in a bread bowl! This is a yummy alternative - a dish that has its roots on the twin-isle republic Trinidad & Tobago. Usually served hot over a bed of rice, accompanied with a quick cucumber/tomato/watercress salad.
- 10 chicken pieces
- 4 cloves garlic
- fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons seasoning (Caribbean green seasoning or Creole seasoning)
- 1 large chopped coarsely onion
- soy sauce
- worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- salt (to taste)
- cilantro (a few leaves - to garnish)
Trinidad Stewed Chicken is a community recipe submitted by chan-can-cook and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.