It is Just so good, And my home smells so good when it is cooking. And for heating up the next day it tastes even better.
- 5 large potatoes
- 5 large courgettes (sliced)
- ½ kilogram goat's cheese (soft, sliced)
- 1 handful mint (fresh or dried - if fresh, chopped)
- 250 millilitres olive oil
- 250 millilitres water
Simple Greek Boureki is a community recipe submitted by Chrisabella and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Start by slicing the vegetables. Mix together in a deep oven tray, add salt and mix some more.
- Now add to that the chopped mint and the soft cheese, mix well and add a little more salt.
- Add the oil and the water, mix a little.
- Put into the oven and let it cook until the potatoes are soft and most of the juices have evaporated and the top is nice and golden.
There is no specific cooking time, but I cook without air assist. at 220 degrees.