You can use any combination of vegetables you like for this. I'd always include a small onion. If using wet vegetables like zucchini or potato squeeze excess water out before adding. I specify packaged breadcrumbs because their dryness really helps absorb any excess moisture. These can be made in any size. The half cup measures work perfectly as 'burgers' for serving in a bun with humus and salad.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1000 millilitres any vegetables (sweet potato, zucchini, potato, onion carrot)
- 1 medium lightly beaten egg
- 250 millilitres breadcrumbs
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 83 millilitres cilantro (or parsley)
- 83 millilitres toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- olive oil
Chickpea and Vegetable Patties is a community recipe submitted by Coby and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.