It's important that the lamb used in this isn't too fatty, it works better with reasonably lean lamb. *If the lid's not so tight fitting you can use a clean teatowel or foil between the lid and pan to help it seal well.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 510 grams ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 500 millilitres long grain rice
- 750 millilitres chicken broth
- 83 millilitres currants
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or coriander)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pinenuts
Middle Eastern Lamb Pilaf is a community recipe submitted by Coby and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.