Heat oil in large saucepan. Add curry paste and onion, lemongrass and ginger, if using. Saute until just fragrant and vegetables are slightly softened. Add thawed spinach, coconut milk and stock and bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes until flavours combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and a splash of lemon or lime juice. Puree using a stick blender until smooth. Serve immediately.
An easy to whip up pantry soup, ready in next to no time:)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (of your choice)
- 1 small onion
- 1 stick chopped finely lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh gingerroot (or half a teaspoon of ground ginger)
- 1 packet frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed of excess water)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2½ cups stock (of your choice)
- 1 squeeze lemon juice (or lime juice)
Spinach and Coconut Milk Soup is a community recipe submitted by Coby and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.