This one is for all you coffee lovers!
- 250 grams milk chocolate (I mixed two different brands of chocolate. You can use any type you like)
- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 packet of chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee (I ground my own coffee, its not necessary to do that. You can just use any type of powdered coffee)
- 75 grams plain flour (sieved)
- 250 grams brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar (you can also use golden syrup if you prefer)
- 1 instant coffee (this is for the syrup)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Coffee and walnut chocolate brownies with coffee maple syrup is a community recipe submitted by Tartlettes and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Grease and line a square baking tray. Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- In a medium size heat proof bowl, melt the chocolate and butter over a pan of simmering water .
- Then whisk the eggs and sugar together until fluffy. Then add the melted chocolate and fold gently into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add sifted flour and the powdered coffee. Fold the mixture.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking tray and level. Sprinkle chopped walnuts (as many as you like, go wild..i did!).
- Bake for 30 minutes until the centre of the brownies no longer wobble, then they are ready. If you like your brownies super duper gooey then bake them for less time. Check the centre with a toothpick. If it comes out with mixture, then you have your very gooey brownie texure.
- Remove from the tin and allow to cool. Whilst the brownies are cooling, make the coffee syrup. Place 3/4 tbsp of syrup in a little bowl and add a teaspoon of powdered coffee. Mix well (The amount of syrup and coffee is entirely up to you. I didn't want my brownies drowned too much in syrup).
- Cut the brownies once cooled. Pour your syrup over them!