Serve as a side dish for a Sri Lankan curry. I found this needed a hit of something sweet and sharp so added a few finely chopped dried sour cherries. A hit of tamarind paste or else pomegranate molasses stirred into the cool dressing might work, too.
For the Salad
- 57 yellow mung lentils (soaked for 3 hrs)
- 198 coarsely grated carrots or white radish)
- 28 chopped cilantro
- 28 grated coconut
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 chopped red chile (and deseeded)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Kosambari is a community recipe submitted by Anonymous and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.