Beautiful fresh tasting and low fat salad. Can be served as a main course or side dish. Quantities below are enough for 2 large main courses.
These quantities for the dressing are a bit sketchy, start with the below and modify to your taste - it sort of depends on how juicy your limes are. You may need more dressing if you use the noodles as they tend to soak up dressing.
For the for the Salad
- 1 carrot (finely julienned)
- 4 scallions (diagonally sliced)
- 1 handful bean shoots
- 1 cucumber (peeled, de-seeded and sliced into half moons)
- 1 handful iceberg lettuce (finely sliced)
- 1 bunch cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1 handful vietnamese mint (or normal mint), chopped
- 1 handful raw unsalted cashews
- 1 vermicelli rice noodles (optional)
- 1 chicken breast (skin off), optional
For the for the Dressing
- 1 red chile (chopped)
- 1 lime (juice)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
Amanda's Thai Style Mint, Chicken and Coriander Salad is a community recipe submitted by Anonymous and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.