I do this trifle for adults and kids alike. I will just omit the alcohol if its for a kids party. This is best started the day before and finished off just before your guests arrive. Its sooo moorish and cheap and easy. My mum always used to make it and Ive carried on the legacy!
- 1 punnet strawberries (you can use any soft fruit but I think strawberries work best)
- 2 packets bird's dream topping
- 1 packet sponge finger (you could also use a sliced sponge roll)
- 2 packets raspberry jelly (or strawberry jelly)
- raspberry jam (or strawberry jam)
- 1 tub custard (ready made - Sainsbury's own is lovely)
- hundreds and thousands (if it's for a kids party)
- chocolate buttons (if it's for a kids party)
- jelly tots (if it's for a kids party)
- brandy (or sherry or cointreau)
My Mum's Wicked Trifle is a community recipe submitted by Anonymous and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
You will need a trifle bowl, or any bowl - make sure it's not too wide but deep (25cm wide is ideal).